All students received their copy of our classroom routines for this academic year. The routines are a vital tool in ensuring a safe and positive learning environment within the school. Copies of the routines are available from the school office at any stage and we ask all parents to encourage students to engage proactively with our classroom routines.
School Routines for Students
- At the beginning of each class line up outside the class-room door with the correct materials for class.
- Your teacher will check your uniform on the way into the room.
- All students are required to sit at an allocated seat and put bags in a safe place.
- Please put your diary and classroom materials on your desk at start of class.
- All students are asked to pay attention to their lesson and not to distract the teacher or other students.
- Students will receive merits and/or demerits as appropriate.
- If students are not working well in class or producing homework they will be placed on a level 1 support plan.
- Class time is for learning and is valuable so students will leave the classroom for emergencies only. (Students will not be allowed out to lockers).
- The teacher will indicate when the class is over and only then will students pack up their materials. At the end of class all litter to be placed in relevant bins and the room tidied.
- Students only leave the classroom at the bell, when directed to do so by their teacher and in an orderly fashion.